Clarissa’s Cocktails is a weekly office happy hour planned and executed by Clarissa and Gina (with the occasional assist from our multi-talented product designer, Matthew). This series highlights the concoctions they come up with each week.
Clarissa works on the customer experience team here at Mack Weldon. If you’ve ever emailed us, you’ve probably talked to her. Clarissa also loves a good glass of wine, so a few months ago, she proposed that we do a weekly happy hour in the office every Thursday. She thought it would be a good excuse to put down the work for a couple hours and socialize (also a good excuse to have Mack Weldon pay for happy hour). Each week Clarissa and Gina (our office manager) plan a new drink for us to try.
This week was a red wine tasting. Four red wines (and one white because some people in our office are picky) were selected and paired with complementary foods.
Gnarly Head Zinfandel
- Flavor: Jammy berries, plum, black pepper, spice, herbs, cinnamon
- Food Pairing: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Flavor: Blackcurrant, red berries, bell pepper, mint, cedar, coffee, tobacco, licorice
- Food Pairing: Brie cheese and prosciutto
Chocolate Shop Merlot
- Flavor: Red berries, plum, chocolate, vanilla, coffee, herbs, tea leaves
- Food Pairing: Parmesan cheese and dark chocolate
Chateau St. Jean Pinot Noir
- Flavor: Red berries, vanilla, spice, game, leather, smoke, earth
- Food Pairing: Fig spread and goat cheese
Belle Ambiance Riesling
- Flavor: Peach, apricot, melon, citrus, tropical fruits, banana, mineral
- Food Pairing: Cheeries